London is famous because of its culture. It holds more than 200 museums and galleries. Including the British Museum voted as one of the most important museums in the world. The best part? Most of them are for free.
You have a lot of options and variety: London history, modern art, cartoons, science, design, animals, geology, blue whale skeleton… the list of options is endless.
Late Museums nights it is also a great idea. Here, the museum becomes a dance floor with Dj’s, workshops and installations. You can appreciate the art and but also dance between paintings and sculptures.
Here our Top Museums in London
The most famous it is a blue whale skeleton, nicknamed ‘Hope’, display it in the middle of the museum.
Get involved and learn about biology, zoology, wildlife or the great exhibition of dinosaurs
Enjoy the Late nights at the Natural History Museum, where you can get involved in crime scene investigations, silent discos and movie nights.
📍Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London, SW7 5BD
Voted as one of the most famous museums in the world.The British Museum will take you through a journey of 2 million years of human society. For this reason we want to highlight the must-see: Rosetta Stone, egyptian collection and parthenon sculptures.
📍Great Russell St, Bloomsbury, London, Wc1B 3DG
Located in a former Power Station in Bankside, theTate Modern is one of the largest museums of modern and contemporary art in the world. Find here original paintings from famous painters like Picasso, Dali, Monet, among others.
📍Bankside, London, SE1 9TG
Museum of art, design and performance.
Must-see: The three graces by Antonio Canova, the fashion Gallery and the cast courts.
Enjoy a coffee in the V&A coffee shops, the walls and decorations are completely worth it.
📍Cromwell Rd, Knightbridge, London, SW7 2RL
Join a journey through the collections of Western European art.
Must-see: Sunflowers by Van Gogh, Venus and Mars by Botticelli,water lily pond by Monet
📍Trafalgar Square, Charing Cross, London, WC2N 5DN
The science museum displays amazing collections of science objects and plenty of activities for inquisitive minds.
Home to human ingenuity, this place holds the story and objects that have changed the world in the fields of science, technology and medicine.
📍Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London, SW7 2DD
Also related 5 things to do in London for FREE
- Website: https://www.escapecampusuk.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EscapeCampusUK/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/escapecampus
- English Test: http://bit.ly/EscapeCampusEnglishTest
- Book a Free Trial Lesson: http://bit.ly/ECFreeTrialLesson
- Book an English Consultation: http://bit.ly/BookaEnglishConsultation
- Gestures in Britain 18 views | by campusadmin | posted on September 12, 2019
- 5 Movies to watch before you travel 2 views | by EscapeCampus | posted on February 24, 2020
- 5 most common mistakes in your first week in London 1 view | by campusadmin | posted on September 9, 2019
- The Best Parks in London 1 view | by campusadmin | posted on April 1, 2019